Today was a "typical" day at work, which means that I had no clue what I was doing for most of the day. It started out weird in that we had two employees at each other's throats at 8:15 in the morning. Of course my supervisor, who is in charge of employee relations, was not there and wouldn't get into the office until 9. I didn't know what was going on and gave out my supervisor's cell phone number to the manager. As soon as the manager walked away, I was worried about having given out the cell number. I was worried that my supervisor would be pissed that I gave it out. But the person I gave it to is really intimidating and I was kinda afraid of telling her no. This manager is pretty intense and demands things just with the way she speaks. I didn't even think of saying no to her. I wish I had that kind of power over people. Or maybe I just don't have a spine...
Anyway, by the time my supervisor gets in, we are supposed to meet with two people who are visiting from the Wisconsin office. They kinda have to do their own thing out there so they were visiting to get a chance to ask questions and learn things from the main office. Fortunately for me, this meeting coincided with an interview that my supervisor was supposed to do. Because of this, I got to do my first interview with someone. It was actually pretty cool, although I think that has a lot to do with the willingness of the interviewee to talk. This guy was really talkative, almost too talkative. I went in there pretending like I knew exactly what I was doing though and I think it went well. I had a list of questions to ask the person and he didn't really answer the first one, but did well with the rest. I had to listen to a ton of technical jargon while the guy explained specific water purification processes. I just nodded and pretended like I knew what he was saying. I don't know how helpful my notes will be for my supervisor when she has to make a decision on this guy, but at least I have a little bit of interviewing experience now.
We then took the visitors out to lunch, which took two hours. I'm not complaining though because I didn't want to have to do anything. It was also nice because I got a free meal out of it. I thought it would be pretty awkward but conversation flowed fairly well. After lunch I didn't do a whole lot. I had a couple things that had to be done immediately, but otherwise I sat at my desk and watched the time fly by. Today was one of the quickest days at work I can remember for a while.
I had my pilates class tonight too. The instructor told us all about how she has to have her appendix taken out last week and had a cyst on her ovary that burst. Yet she was still teaching the class today. She's crazy. She also decided to add some cardio to the class, which is a nice change up. I like the class, but I wish that it wasn't all the way up in Cranberry. Now that I don't have anyone to spend the class with, it's not as fun. I get to have dinner with John though afterward though, so that makes it worth it. Not to mention it's good for me.
After the class, John and I went to Eat N Park for dinner. While we were there, the day got even weirder. I saw a coworker at the Eat N Park. It was pretty weird because Cranberry is 31 miles north of the office and I didn't think there were many people who lived that far north of the office. I only know of three other people who live out this way, and the guy I saw there was not one of them. Tomorrow I'll have to look this guy up to see if he lives near me. Luckily, I don't think he saw me, or if he did, he let it go just like I did. He's not my favorite person so I wasn't about to go over and say hi. It was strange to say the least.
The rest of this week is going to be nuts. Stay tuned for updates later this week on the next company picnic on Thursday. It is "Autumn-fest" themed and I'll be bringing in a dessert for the decorating contest. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of it. I hope it turns out awesome. Then I'm taking a personal day on Friday and John and I are heading up to Niagara Falls for the weekend. We'll be spending Friday in Niagara and then Saturday in Toronto. It'll be nice to get away, even if it's just for the weekend. I need a day off of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment