Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Christmas already... wtf

How the hell did it get to be Christmas already?  I'm such a slacker.  I realized I hadn't written anything on here in over a month.  I haven't really done much of anything over the past month except work.  I still don't have my Christmas shopping done and I don't feel like doing it.  I don't know why, but I don't feel like getting anything for anyone and I don't really want anything in return.  My family keeps asking about what I want and I of course never know what to tell them.  And I don't know what to get people.  I hate doing the whole gift card thing because it lacks creativity, but I don't think anything else would be a good use of my money. 

I had to brave the shops yesterday and today.  They were, of course, ridiculously busy.  There was a small perk to yesterday's trip to the mall though.  While there, I saw Matt Cooke, Brooks Orpik, and Tyler Kennedy from the Penguins.  I looked up, ready to leave and there was Cookie heading off in one direction saying something to a person behind him.  The person behind him was Orpik.  For some reason Orpik seemed a lot taller in person than I thought he was.  Then John and I were creepily following Orpik and his girlfriend through the mall (we were actually heading toward the exit that just happened to be in the same direction as they were walking, but I'm sure it looked like creepy stalking).  We paused to look downstairs and ponder if any of the other players were running around and we see Kennedy walking below us.  It was cool.  It's like being on a safari and seeing a lion or something.  I wish I had my camera at those moments so I could take creepy stalker photos.  Hmmm.... maybe it's best that I don't have my camera.

I honestly can't believe that it's the end of the year already and the end of the decade.  I remember 10 years ago when everyone was convinced that the world would end because of the 2000 changeover.  It makes me feel incredibly old to think about how that was 10 years ago.  *sigh*  I'll have to start thinking about some New Year's Resolutions since it's a monumental year for me.  I'll be turning the big 2-5 and it'll be the official quarter-life moment.  I'll continue my quarter-life crisis through the New Year I'm sure.  Here's some resolutions: Lose weight/exercise more than once a month... Stop yelling at people while driving (HAHAHAHAHA... right)...  Get an apartment (I better by the end of 2010 or I'm giving up on life)... Talk to friends more... Visit friends who are away from Pittsburgh...  Keep my job... etc., etc.

I've been at my job now for 5 months.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but then again, the past couple months have flown by.  December has been especially quick with open enrollment taking up the majority of my time.  I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but every time I go into work, there is a mountain of shit to do still.  I haven't seen the top of my desk in a couple months.  I don't think it's actually there.  It's a vacuum for useless shit.  If at any time there is an open space on top of my desk, it will be filled within a few minutes.  The drawers of the desk are also at capacity.  I usually get a headache by the end of the day, but hopefully that'll stop once the holidays are over.

Well, there's an update for the struggling blog.  Hopefully it won't be another month before I look at this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment